Re: [TenTec] re Orion II thoughts (100W/200W), Class A

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] re Orion II thoughts (100W/200W), Class A
From: Scott Harwood <scotthsr@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 15:31:22 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
At risk of changing the subject, on this thread awhile ago someone mentioned
working DX on 160 meters with strong ssb stations on each side.  My question is
this:   with my Orion II (and any other rig) on 75 meters and operating LSB,
there is no problem filtering out a station 1-2 KHz BELOW my frequency, but I
always have problems with stations 1-2 KH ABOVE my frequency.  I have tried
every combination with the Orion, but can never quite filter out the low
guttural sounds.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Scott K4VWK