Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Keyer Speed Control

To: geraldj@storm.weather.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Keyer Speed Control
From: John Huffman <hjohnc@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 09:59:35 -0500
All -

I got a note from Paul saying the pot is 10K.  Took off the front cover and
there is plenty of room for a deeper control on the front panel.

Unplugged connector D on the logic board.  It already had the capacitor mod
installed across the leads.  There is only a brown lead and a purple lead on
the
connector.  The resistance between them is 10K at any setting of the pot.  The
resistance between either the brown and ground or the purple and ground is
infinite.

At the pot there are three leads. Left to right they are brown, white, and
purple.  Resistance from any of them to ground is infinite.

The resistance from brown to white is 0 counter clockwise and 10K clockwise.

The resistance from purple to white is 10K counter clockwise and 0 clockwise.

I'm thinking a multiple turn 10K pot might be the easiest as I am confused as
where I would put resistors.

73 de K1ESE
John