Re: [TenTec] Orion 11

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 11
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 20:50:26 -1000
Hi Bob,

I do not recommend a multi-thousand dollar rig for a beginner in HF.
Something with real knobs, buttons and switches for all of the controls,
rather than menu selected functions or programmable "virtual" controls,
will allow you to learn and understand the rig much more quickly. It
might take you years to learn enough about HF operation to actually
outgrow the capabilities of a good "mid range" HF transceiver. When that
time comes, then you will be able to make an educated choice for
yourself AND you'll really be able to take advantage of, and appreciate
the higher performance of a "top end" rig. What is top end now will be a
close second when you're ready for top end.

DE N6KB