Re: [TenTec] which radio?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] which radio?
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:02:08 -0600
On Sat, 2007-01-13 at 01:21 -0500, Craig Roberts wrote:
> Speaking of my little Argosy -- it's time to rebuild the PTO.  It's not
> all that flaky, but could use the attention anyway.  Besides, i have a
> ten Tec PTO rebuild kit on hand, so why not do it?
>
> The first step. of course, is to remove the PTO.  How does one do this?
> I'd rather learn the procedure from someone who's "been there" than to
> tear down the rig more than necessary.  I'm guessing the PTO is held in
> place by screws behind the front panel since I see no other obvious
> anchor points. It also looks as if wires need to be unsoldered from
> feed-through terminals and a ground lug on one side of the unit -- but
> that's it.  Am I correct?
>
> Many thanks and 73,
>
> Craig
> W3CRR

As I rustilly recall doing my Corsair II, first you remove the knobs
from the front. Then the end trim, then the front panel. Then you unhook
those wires and unmount the PTO.

Since there are small balls involved I worked on a cafeteria tray so thy
couldn't run off and hide in a crack in the corner of the room.

You need a loop of strong thin string to hold the spring out while
reinstalling the dial to the PTO shaft.

All these should be covered in the owner's manual or the instructions
with the rebuild kit, except for the tray.

73, Jerry, K0CQ