Re: [TenTec] Orion 11

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 11
From: "Ed, W3ETC" <W3ETC@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 19:36:58 -0500
I agree with all of the comments.  I would suggest you upgrade your
Technician license first before purchasing either of the expensive radios so
that you can really enjoy HF and what it has to offer.  Both of the radios
you mentioned are capable performers and are probably overkill for a first
rig.  There are many excellent alternatives on the new and used Market that
would allow you to get your feet wet in the HF world without a very large
cash investment and have some money left over for antennas.

73  W3ETC