[TenTec] OMNI SIX problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI SIX problems
From: "Linda" <dlrwild1@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 13:11:33 -0500
I own an OMNI VI with option 3 upgrade. The radio has developed a carrier
problem on SSB. I also have a 24 hour clock that no longer works properly
(it is not the battery). I contacted Paul Clinton at the Ten Tec service
department via e-mail (yes, Ten Tec does read and respond to their mail).
They charge $60 an hour for service; Paul states that an oscilloscope or
very sensitive watt meter is needed to complete the carrier null adjustment.
I have my entire filter slots filled with Ten Tec filters (no INRAD or other
after market filters). Is this carrier on a SSB signal a common problem with
the OMNI SIX series of radios? Does anyone know if there were any "IF BOARD"
updates during the OMNI SIX production or since Ten Tec offered the option
1, 2 or 3 upgrades? If so, what were the "IF BOARD" updates? Has anyone on
the Ten Tec Reflector had either of these problems? If so, what was your
final cost for repair by Ten Tec? I would also have them check the radio's
alignment, check the TX/RX and PBT centering. Thanks for your help and time.
Bob Wilderman, K3SRO. You can contact me at dlrwild1@comcast.net