[TenTec] Argosy in sick bay

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argosy in sick bay
From: <dlazar@telusplanet.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 13:43:45 -0800
   Hi All:
   I wonder if any on the list can spot the fault in my Argosy non digital. I
have never had the manual or a schematic for it so from this end it's all
fairly tough.
   1. The rx seems ok except the band to band gains/ noise (on the dummyload)
seem all wrong showing s6 on 80 etc and lower as you switch to 10m.
   2. On tx the qrp setting now only puts out 2w (by the TT meter and the Bird
too). The 50w setting seems close to 50 keydown, on say 20m, but on the 80m pos
the rig kicks off the TT pwr supply to overloaded . Seems to draw too much
current.  SSB seems to have the same effect. Sure hate to see the TT go but no
luck so far. Any ideas on a fix??
   Dan VE6EX..