Re: [TenTec] O-2, First Impressions

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] O-2, First Impressions
From: "Duane Calvin" <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:17:18 -0600
The sad part is that most others won't hear you between them either!  I'll
never forget when I first got my Omni VI+ back in 1997 and launched right
into the CQ WW DX contest.  I was doing search & pounce up the band and had
the 250 Hz filter engaged.  Right in between to US megastations I heard a
weak signal - VK9LH on Lord Howe island calling CQ.  No one was answering
him because no one could hear him.  I did, and got him on first call.  I was
sold on TT radios from then on out.  I never would have heard this guy on my
previous radio, an IC-765 due to IF chain sizzle and phase noise.  On the
Omni, he was easily readable even tho he was probably an S0-1.  The Orion
does this even better!

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas