[TenTec] QSK - was Omni VI vs Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] QSK - was Omni VI vs Orion
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 04:49:35 -0800 (PST)
Just a minor quibble: with the Orion set up for normal operating, with
8msec risetime (as discussed ad nauseum in the past) and 50% weighting
on the transmitted cw - I'm skeptical about true unmuting of the main
receiver between dit characters at an actual 30wpm.

  Well Barry, I don't know what to say... You are one of the posters I normally
give credence...  It must be my lieing ears then, because I DO hear what is
going on the frequency during transmit - even with the Titan in line...
  Now whether the receiver(s) are completely unmuted I cannot say, but I can
hear other stations  transmit while I am... I can hear the DX go CQ back in my
face, etc... 30wpm may be an exaggeration - I normally have the Orion showing
26-28 on the screen when working during good contest conditions... I usually
use 18-20 on 160 for non-contesting given the conditions there...  30-32 is
mainly used near the end of a 48 hour grind where everyone is up to speed after
2 days of code practice  and all I am doing is short, snappy, CQs...

  So how do we go about testing this?

  denny / k8do