Re: [TenTec] Antenna Problem

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Antenna Problem
From: "Troy, W6HV" <w6hv@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:18:18 -0800
Bernie,
 My old Mosley CL-33 has the same sort of balun at the feed point. However, I
have added a current balun ( the kit from Palomar Eng.) where the feed-line
enters the shack, just before the antenna coupler. My current balun is the
double kit since I switch between several antennas including an inverted "L"
for 160. All the antennas are overhead and none over 40 feet up. So far no
problems with RF. Of course, as some have suggested, every cable of any type
attached to the Orion II has ferrite toroids.

73,
Troy, W6HV