[TenTec] serious filter problem with Orion II

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] serious filter problem with Orion II
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 07:34:06 -0500
K7HP wrote:

 >Try checking where you have the taps set under FILTER.

         Exactly.  After playing with the Taps setting,
I leave mine permanently set on the default 199.
Lower Taps setting can cause the DSP filter to have
multiple peaks out of the nominal passband.  Although
they are 20-30 dB down from the nominal passband, you
will still hear them in a crowded situation like CQ 160.

                                 73,  Bill

P.S.  Tonno I hope you are taking good care of my
old MP!  ;-)