Re: [TenTec] Orion Receiver Distortion

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Receiver Distortion
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 09:33:47 -0800
What kind of headphones are you using?  Orions are a bit fussy about
impedances being too high or too low.  32 Ohms is apparently the best match.
As already pointed out, check all the menu settings under the "Audio"
button.

The other thought that comes to mind is that the AGC Hang (Menu/RX) time
should be set to something other than 00.00.  For most CW/SSB work, settings
above 00.12 should work.  Last week we had a discussion here about AM, which
requires hang to be set to at least 03.00.

      Ron N6IE
 www.N6IE.com
(Formerly N6AHA)