Re: [TenTec] Orion II key click report -- Thank you

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II key click report -- Thank you
From: William Q Meeker <wqmeeker@iastate.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:45:30 -0600
I want to thank everyone who provided the characteristically helpful
comments and suggestions, both on and off of the reflector.

I am sorry that I did not see the previous discussion on this issue.
I did look, but perhaps had the wrong key words or I was too tired
from the contest!

I have increased the setting to 9 ms and will leave the 'scope hooked up.

There is now a parallel discussion of key clicks on the topband
reflector. There was an interesting post by Paul, W9AC  about
interaction with the power setting and the accuracy of the rise/fall
setting (relating to ALC, I believe) for an Icom IC-7800. I did a
little experiment here and that does NOT seem to be an issue with the
Orion II (thank goodness).

73,

Bill
K0KT