Re: [TenTec] USB Serial Converters

To: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@arrl.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] USB Serial Converters
From: "Mark Choate" <aa0yy@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 15:05:25 -0600
Hello Carl, and by the way, I love the new features of my Omni V.92 chip,

question on these usb serial  thing-a-ma-jiggies. Can I leave ... I guess...
up to 4 rig/devices hooked to one USB port, and control them all
simultaniously? For example, First rig on some soundcard interface unit
running psk/rtty/etc with say "hamscope" or some other program, then a 2nd
rig on rig control off my logging program that I would use for catching DX
spots off the cluster, and both be functioning?  all on the same PC? Me just
clicking the mouse?

I know its kind of a big question but I have been using an old multiplex
manual switch that I got for 10 bucks from Buxcomm, but I have to choose
ahead of time which rig/device I am going to use and I cant always just
switch back and forth without something locking up.

I know I kind of directed this question at you Carl but anyone with info pse
respond. dont mean to be so ignorant on the topic but before I fork out
$100-150 for this switch/device I would rather look like a sheeny-bone here.

Thanks, Mark
aa0yy