Re: [TenTec] Extreme Isolation Headphones => read latest NCJ article

To: "TenTec List" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Extreme Isolation Headphones => read latest NCJ article
From: "Rick Williams" <rick.williams@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 19:27:54 -0800
Mark, I've been using David Clarks for quite a while and must agree.  I use
the 10S/DC with my Orion and 10H-30 with my Argo.  The latter has a boom mic
and I've replaced the element with a Radio Shack electret for fuller audio
than the stock noise canceller!

Since your link goes to the 10S/DC in particular I'd like to add two
additional comments.

      1) These are 60 ohm impedance and match Ten-Tec audio circuits very
well, and

      2) Unlike other headphones, I can get parts at the local airport
flying club.

I bought both units used and replaced the gel cushions.  The cushions for
the 10 S/DC were ordered on a Tuesday and received on a Wednesday.  Total
cost less than $22 US.

A great item!

73,

Rick