Re: [TenTec] Gheil chipped Paragon and Logger 32

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Gheil chipped Paragon and Logger 32
From: "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 07:21:35 -0500
Yes, the Geihl chip changes the command sequence for changing frequency to
require an <enter> both before and after the digits, the same as when
entering a frequency from the front panel. This is needed since otherwise
the number buttons change bands when pressed. The original programming did
not require this first command, but didn't have the band stacking registers,
either. Otherwise, the command for status and the reporting sequence from
the radio are unchanged. I use HyperLog and it can read the
band/frequency/mode fine when entering a contact, but will not work sending
a frequency to the radio for this reason.

N4PY does have a version that emulates Icom commands, similar I think to a
Paragon II, to work around this, or you can change back to the original Ten
Tec chip if you want that feature from Logger32.

=Vic=
WA4THR