[TenTec] Orion 1 QRP, meter issue

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 1 QRP, meter issue
From: "k3hx@juno.com" <k3hx@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 17:55:07 GMT
How can I lower the drive to the finals on an original Orion so that

I can run less than 5 watts.  Even with the "PWR" turned down all

the way, I cannot get below about 7 watts on some bands.

I'm loathe to continue to use an attenuator to assure QRP power

levels.

I am not concerned if this limits the max power with the "PWR"

turned up fully.  I'm using the ver 1.372 software.

On CW, with the "PWR" set above 70 or so, the meter needle bangs

against the right hand stop when keying.  Any fix for this?

72,

Tim