Re: [TenTec] Paragon II Question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon II Question
From: "Edward A. Feustel" <efeustel@hughes.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 06:50:13 -0500
John,
The Paragon II has FM built-in.
If you are considering Computer Control, the II or the Giehl Chip Set
are required.

If you look in the TenTec Contesting archives, you will see a few more
differences.
Whether they are important, only you can determine. See if the phase
noise and
birdies were not improved on the II vs. the original.

I just traded mine for an Orion I, but it was a difficult call. I really
liked the
simplicity of the Paragon II with a button for each function that you would
want to do regularly and an augmented function button to do the rest,
plus it
could do 60 meters whereas the OMNI VI+ could not..

Ed, N5EI