Re: [TenTec] 6M with HF

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 6M with HF
From: ron <roncasa@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 20:01:21 -0500
But they used "mechanical" means of operation; their "auto tuner"
for example, took a long to tune because it used motors!

geesh!

Even their "QSK" was mechanical and still is!

U S of A came out out with all solid state, first.
I do not remember about solid state memory keyers, but didn't
Heathkit come out with them before JA?

They are, as combined ham radio companies, appear to influence the
market, thus you see them "first" in their radios. But technology,
for most part, no.

On the other hand, they do well with automobiles as opposed to us
but now I'm getting off topic. Sorry (smile)

Ron, wb1hga
'the 516 is a keeper"