Re: [TenTec] Orion antenna relay stuck?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion antenna relay stuck?
From: "JAMES HANLON" <knjhanlon@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 11:03:30 -0700
John,

I'm far from an Orion expert - I'm only on the list because I have an Argonaut
505 - but I do know a few things about relays.  It is unlikely that a relay
would "stick" at the beginning of an operating period and then work properly
for the rest of the day's operation.  If you could get to the relay in question
with an volt/ohm meter, you should be able to find out what it is doing quite
easily.  Measure the coil voltage to see if the relay is being energized when
it should be, and measure continuity from the relay swinger to its two
stationary contacts, normally closed with no power applied and normally open
with no power supplied, to see if it is functioning properly.

Jim, W8KGI