Re: [TenTec] Emergency Power via Generator - Natural Gas

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Emergency Power via Generator - Natural Gas
From: Dave Heil <k8mn@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 19:50:41 +0000
k8vf_mark@centurytel.net wrote:

> Propane powered generators generally develop more power than gas powered.
>
> That being said, if I could get natural gas I would do it in a heartbeat.

Gents,

There's an outfit in Canvas, West Virginia (near Summersville) which
sells affordable conversion kits for gasoline-powered generators.  I
bought one which converts my Craftsman/Generac unit to natural gas for
about $80.  Add a little more if you want the optional beefy rubber tube
with brass pipe fittings which goes to your gas line.

Also sold are propane conversion and tri-fuel conversion kits.  I found
these folks on the web at: http://www.propane-generators.com/

My kit came with a tube of blue silicone, a right angle brass fitting
which runs up through the carburetor venturi (after drilling it out with
a 17/64" bit), a small rubber hose with fittings and a 6" pancake
regulator.

Do the mod, replace your engine oil with synthetic and you have a clean
burning, long running generator which won't gunk up.

Dave Heil K8MN
nr Cameron, WV