[TenTec] How to K2 and Paragon compare?

To: "qrp-l reflector" <qrp-l@mailman.qth.net>,"Ten Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] How to K2 and Paragon compare?
From: "W.D. (Doc) Lindsey" <dock0evz@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 19:00:15 -0700
Good Evening:

How to the receivers in the Elecraft K2 and the Ten Tec Paragon compare in
actual practice?  This here true Old Timer of 47 years of nearly 100% CW really
wants to know [g].  And believe it or not, I have never actually operated a
Paragon.  Have had any number of very pleasant QSO's with them, and they have
always sounded truly terrific, a hallmark of Ten Tec rigs.  But would someone
with direct experience with them please let me know how the receivers compare.
I have looked up the numbers, which of course are significant.  But perhaps
someone can fill in the more intangible "look" and "feel" of how these rigs
compare in actual operation.

Right now I actually have several rigs in-house from both of these excellent
companies, and have no complaints.  I like all of 'em.  One thing which helps
*me* occasionally in contesting is the larger form factor of the Ten Tec rigs,
of course, given my physical limitation = having to operate with only my left
arm.  Anyway, if someone can say a bit about how the Paragon *actually*
compares to the K2 I would appreciate.  Remember, I am referring mainly to the
RX itself.  Please do off-line, if you will.  No reason to use up Bandwidth
since the Paragon is no longer in the active inventory.  Thanks everyone!

73,
--Doc/K0EVZ

W.D. (Doc) Lindsey
dock0evz@earthlink.net