Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 51, Issue 45

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 51, Issue 45
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:51:14 EDT

In a message dated 3/29/2007 8:36:14 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
tentec-request@contesting.com writes:

I am  sorry but I would rather have my crummy rig and second rate amp and
crummy  deaf antennas in front of me, than have some kind of fantastic hear
and  work everything far away station under my control over the  web.

Well I am kind of there already, as I will assume most of us  are.  I run rig
control and logging and a voice keyer and a remote tune  antenna already, (
Orion, alpha 87 A, ACLog or DXlab, to a 3 ele steppir or a  gap voyager.) so I
already get my spots over the internet, and then control all  my stuff using
equipment hooked together with wires.  using the omni VII  remote would
basically be the same only longer wires.

The one thing nice about this hobby is you can do so many  thing. you can do
CW or SSB or EME or SSTV or ATV or weak signal or rtty or  psk 31 or qrp or
qro or fixed beacons or remote stations or emergency response  or even echolink
and so on  ad infum.

My point is if you want to play over the net, well then go  ahead and play.
If you don't want to do remote then don't.

I do what I want , when I want. a little DX, a little  contesting, a little
rag chew, an mostly I like buying and selling gear to keep  improving my
station.

So my advice is do what you enjoy, and don't worry too much  about others.

here is a link to some pictures of November 6 All Junk  Radio

_http://hometown.aol.com/catfishtwo/N6AJR.html_
(http://hometown.aol.com/catfishtwo/N6AJR.html)

73 and gud DX

tom N6AJR