Re: [TenTec] Remote rig operations

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Remote rig operations
From: ron <roncasa@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 18:20:12 -0400
 Gang ...

I had hoped to participate in Field Day (note the caps) but been faced
with a problem.

I have a small tent, just enough room for me, my bed and a small area to
play radio.

My antenna will be squeezed somewhere in the field, I will need to route
cables and connections and stuff.

But I have come up with a solution.

I will bring my laptop, connect wireless to network, remote connect to
my home PC and bring up my station.

Now I can op in the field and enjoy the benefits of both. Ain't it grand?

(If I can only work around the FD regs ...) :-)

Wait! I can do this anytime of the year from anywhere I'm camping or
visiting relatives or ...

This technology is great and I'm glad we have it!

Lets make the best of it .. not slam it. Let's open our minds and
explore, not ignore it.

Another neat and cool thing to show potential new hams.

Ten Tec with Internet remote, cool!

Ron, wb1hga
"the 516 is a keeper, but I'm looking more closely at this "7".