[TenTec] FS: Model 525-D Argosy II with matching Model 225 PS andaccesso

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] FS: Model 525-D Argosy II with matching Model 225 PS andaccessories
From: Kevin Anderson <k9iua@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 09:08:41 -0700 (PDT)
I may regret this later, but I also feel it is time for someone
else to enjoy a fine rig such as this.  Here's my offer:

For Sale, a Model 525-D Argosy II (serial number 525-02497), the
digital readout version of the Argosy.  This particular radio
still has the original 2.4 kHz SSB filter, but also includes the
Model 217 500 Hz 8-pole CW filter, noise blanker, and optional
Model 224 CW audio filter, plus original manual and original
Model 700 hand microphone.  Package also includes the matching
Model 225 9-amp power supply, plus an Airpax circuit breaker on
its own power cable for those that want to use a different power
supply or battery.

Asking $400***, which includes UPS Brown shipping (as two
packages) within 48 States from zip code 52001.  Package also
includes an unused PTO rebuild kit (a $20 value in itself,
purchased in 2001).  Payment by bank cashiers check or money
order; no PayPal.

(***I am able to consider a "local" purchase, defined below,
which would include delivery, plus you get a chance to examine
the radio.)

I purchased the radio, power supply, and accessories used in
December 2000 and it has served as my main radio until now and
used only in the house.  The radio has just came back (yesterday
in fact) from a quick visit to Tennessee, where Ten-Tec replaced
the 15 meter band crystal and socket, plus rebuilt the PTO and
checked over everything (a $185 repair itself, plus tax and
shipping, that you don't need to do).

Electrically 100 %, the radio is 8/9 out 10 in outside
condition:  The front panel is in great shape, with one "ding"
or light scratch on the metal inset of the main tuning knob.
Several scratches or scuffs on the metal part of the case,
including thin one-inch long ones are both sides near the front,
where it looks like a previous owner had mounted the radio
inside something  All these scratches were there when I bought
the radio in 2000.  The PTO, with the rebuild just done, is very
smooth (although still a little "stiff" for my likes).  I just
had the radio on the air last evening and this morning, and
everything checks out and sounds great.

The matching 225 power supply includes the original power cable
for the radio.  One edge of the case (the front lower right
corner) is bent under, which is how I received the PS when I
bought it. Only sold with the radio as a package.

I am willing to delivery locally, within about 60 to 90 minutes
from home.  I consider "local" to be within a circle around
Dubuque, Iowa, extending as far as the Quad Cities, Freeport,
the west side of Madison, north maybe to Prairie du Chien, over
toward Waterloo, down to Cedar Rapids, and including Iowa City
(where my son attends the university).  Cash would be preferred
for a local purchase.

This would be a great radio for either a new ham or someone new
to HF, or something for a Ten-Tec user who hasn't yet tried an
Argosy II.  I believe the price is very reasonable. Thank you in
advance.  Address good in QRZ.com.

Cheers/73,
Kevin Anderson, K9IUA
Dubuque, Iowa