[TenTec] New In Box TT Centaur Amp available

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] New In Box TT Centaur Amp available
From: "Trevor" <kd1yt@pshift.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 18:01:38 -0400
Hello all-- I am a long-time TenTec fan (since buying my Corsair 1 (which I
still have) new in '84
with money earned at below minimum wage teenage lawnmowing jobs) and
regrettably need to sell my
new-in-box, one-owner TT Centaur amplifier in order to finance another radio
equipment purchase.

Refresh your memory on the Centaur by looking at the original TT brochure
(which I may even have my
paper original of) at http://www.qsl.net/tentec/specs/411.pdf

I know that I have a fairly rare bird here, in that the Centaurs were not made
for very long or in
much quantity, and have an appreciative following (with good reason). I bought
it straight from TT
in '97 just months before getting married, and skipping some gory details...
never ended up with
the ability to have time or priority to put it on the air. I have stored it in
its original TT box
in my upstairs spare bedroom. I am pretty sure I still have the 10/12 meter
enabling kit from TT,
uninstalled, but would have to check to be sure that didn't get lost in the
divorce that is another
part of the skipped gory details. Putting it on 10/12 would be no big deal to
do even without
those few little official parts for doing so, but I can rummage around for them
in hopes that it'd
be a totally complete

I am not a dealer and am not looking to put anyone over the coals money-wise,
but am also in a
financial boat (post-divorce) where the one and only reason that I am selling
the Centaur is to
purchase another item of ham gear which will cost more than this amp-- so I
would be dumb to low-
ball myself. I know from following things on the 'net that there are more
people looking for
Centaurs than there are Centaurs available

It was in the high 700s new 10 years ago, and used ones that don't have this
new-in-box one-owner
uniqueness are going for not too much less than they did new.

I am inviting offers prior to taking a ham friend's offer to help me put it on
E-pay. My floor is
$800 (basically my purchase cost + my original cost to have TT ship it to me),
and as long as I get
offers over that, then the highest of those offers received in my e-mail inbox
by midnight Eastern
daylight time on April 29, and then promptly followed up with bank check
(including added sum for
actual costs of freight to you, which we can figure out, and I will not charge
anything to double-
box and bring it to my local UPS depot or other shipper of your choice as long
as they have a place
near me), can be the new loving home for this wonderful little amp.

Feel free to cross-post this to other places where any of you think it may be
of interest; I may do
the same.

73
Trevor