Re: [TenTec] transverters

To: "TenTec List" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] transverters
From: "Rick Williams" <rick.williams@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:16:48 -0700
Jerry I've been looking at 6 metre transverters and so I checked out the SSB
and Kuhne sites.  It looks like Kuhne does not make a 6 metre transverter.
My guess is the DEMI kit is about $395 when it's available (the current
price is not in the catalogue).  And if you think that Elecraft is pricey
(XV-50 at $369.00) the SSB transverter is $890!!!

So the Ten-Tec unit looks like a steal and perhaps worth the wait!

73,

Rick
VE7TK

Website:  http://www3.telus.net/ve7tk

---------------

From:   "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson"
Date:   Sun, 29 Apr 2007 09:58:31 -0600

On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 07:48 -0400, Bwana Bob wrote:
> Oh, no. I was thinking of buying the 10 to 2 meter transverter. It would
> have been perfect for my seldom-unused Radio Shack HTX-100.
>
> I guess that demand is just too low. What else is on the market at
> reasonable cost? Is Microwave Modules still in business? I have one of
> their old converters and the quality is very nice.
>

>                               73,
>
>                               Bob WB2VUF

SSB is from Sweden, DEMI from New Jersey, but moving to Florida, not
taking any orders until June. Also look for Kuhn Electronics, DB6NT from
Germany. All good products available in various versions for sensitivity
and power level (both HF power and VHF power output), often offered in
kit or assembled versions. Elecraft transverters are on the price side,
I think.

73, Jerry, K0CQ