Re: [TenTec] Orion

To: kd3jf@arrl.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion
From: Mark <pa5mw@home.nl>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:38:24 +0200
Paul Gates, KD3JF wrote:

> Of course I will never be tempted to get an Orion because I do not have that
> kind of money for one.

Well neither did I.
And remember, the TT-gear is TWICE the price here in Europe, which is
unfair as northern america's do not give me any cty mults, whereas
Europe delivers you more than 53 countries to work :))
My Orion(original, not the II) was almost 4K(EURO's that is) and I had
to travel 800km's to collect it from the shop.
I just sold every piece I could find in my shack (including an MP, but
kept the K2's), lots of old Hifi-gear, my spare car-tyre and saved money
for more than a year.
Denied every bit of luxuory, proper bathing and even decent food..... :)
[/silly mode]

I have the Orion for 14 months now. Been using it at a heavy contest
site and at home.
Difference with any other rig is simply fenominal.

It delivers me more qso's and more fun than ever before, period.

'73 Mark, PA5MW