Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII-- "New Bands??"

To: "TenTec List" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII-- "New Bands??"
From: "Rick Williams" <rick.williams@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 09:20:30 -0700
It is my understanding that the Jupiter & Argo V were built with the
appropriate LPF board for 60 metres before the band was opened for amateur
use.  It was then an easy fix in software to activate 60 metres.

It is likely that the Omni VII and Orion, with amateur TX only, share a
similar configuration. So, unless the LPF board covers the entire HF
spectrum in its present configuration opening the transmitter for use beyond
the current amateur bands may be a problem.

73,

Rick
VE7TK

Website:  http://www3.telus.net/ve7tk