Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V
From: "Paul Gates, KD3JF" <pearly732003@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:59:59 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for your comments.....I am using a 706MKIIG and the dsp will not get rid
of the noise. It helps. On mobile the dsp seems to work better.
Paul

RaySoifer@cs.com wrote: In a message dated 6/22/2007 2:01:34 PM Pacific
Daylight Time,
pearly732003@yahoo.com writes:
> What I actually have in mind is getting a good receiver.

Paul,

I've had my Argonaut V for more than 2 years and use it mostly on CW.  The
receiver is very good indeed, especially for the price.  On CW it runs rings
around the IC-706MkIIG that I borrowed before getting the Argo.  It's not in
the
same league as my Orion II, but after two years with it I can say that if you
can't copy a station with the Argo V, you wouldn't have been able to work it
with 20 watts anyway.  A great fringe benefit is the ease of interfacing it to
your computer for RTTY and PSK.  No need for an interface box; the TT audio
cable works just fine, as long as you set the computer volume levels properly.

No, I can't compare it with Elecraft as I never had one.

73,

Ray W2RS