Re: [TenTec] OMNI-6+ cw offset adjustment

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI-6+ cw offset adjustment
From: "Fraser Robertson" <g4bjm@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 22:34:31 +0000
Hi all, sorry if I've caused or added any confusion.  I appreciate that the
sidetone pitch is front panel adjustable, and we're told that the TX offset
tracks that (sorry I'd forgotten that, I need to check the manual).

The point I intended to make was that when our club bought its used Omni6+,
the CW netting (offset) was way out of line with the sidetone pitch (from
memory worse than 500Hz off).  This was corrected by adjustment of a trimmer
capacitor (on the TX AF board, top rear of rig).

Regarding filter pitch, I find there is plenty of adjustment to listen at a
low pitch if desired, by adjustment of the PBT.  We did have one of the
specially made low pitch filters, but it would not cascade with the standard
offset filters.

73 Fraser G4BJM