[TenTec] intro VE8RT

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] intro VE8RT
From: Ron Thompson <ve8rt@xplornet.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 16:45:09 -0600
   Intro- VE8RT, Ron in Yellowknife, NT, Canada

First licenced in 1970, been through quite a few calls since.  Most recently
VE8RT since February 2006.

Currently using my OMNI-A, after shelving my IC-703 and IC-735 temporarily.
The IC-703 repeatedly blows the pre-driver IC (IC-101), and the IC-735
doesn't seem to have as quiet a noise floor as the OMNI-A.

Reason for joining the list - I'm been looking into building my own QRP gear
and in the meantime I've been watching e-bay for a good Argosy, Scout, or
Argo.  Unfortunately e-bay prices seem unrealistic, even for an analog
Argosy, and a Scout seems to come with only one band module with additional
modules selling for around 70 $ and up.  I'm hoping to become more familiar
with these models and keep an eye open if anything of interest comes up for
sale.

About my signature file,  I do avionics maintenance for a living, and a little
volunteer work for aviation missions, and I like this reference to flight.

   Ron T.
--
Ron Thompson, VE8RT
Yellowknife, NT, Canada