[TenTec] Triton IV Analog warble on receive

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Triton IV Analog warble on receive
From: phillip shore <kc4vwu@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 10:22:47 -0700 (PDT)
I have the 540 analog Triton IV that has a warble on 80, 40, and 20m on
receive. I haven't tried to transmit on these bands yet. The receive sounds
just a little shakey; like everyone has a quiver in their voice. It will make
received CW signals sound slightly shakey also. It receives and transmits fine
on 10 and 15m; although sometimes it will slowly drift off freq a few KC's. It
will drift up, then back down. Is anyone familiar with this? This is my first
TenTec rig and I really like it, except for the little problem it has. I'd like
to correct it and if it is nothing too serious, I could probably fix it with
some help to get started. I have access to a oscope, dvm, sig gen, etc. Any
help getting me steered in the right direction would be appreciated.   KC4VWU