Re: [TenTec] OT so please contact offline

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT so please contact offline
From: <rrbunn@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 11:38:08 -0400
While HF would provide the bandwidth and range.  I would suggest you use UHF
9.6KB packet like the Kenwood D700A.  APRS provides an Ad Hoc network that does
automatic relay fo position and can be used to send weather data via packet as
well.  See Bob Brunaga's website.  To enhance this you may want to put up a
tower in the center of the area.  For Line of Sight 1 foot above average
terrine is about a mile of range.  For 30 miles you could find a high point and
put up a 40 foot push up mast, guy it down and use that as your collection
point.

Rick Bunn
N4ASX