Re: [TenTec] RFI Solution

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RFI Solution
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 19:14:54 -0500
Jim:

Glad you found a solution.

Mine is to use a balanced feed on one of the antennas and a 1:1 current
balun at the feed point on the other.  My station, Omni VI Plus, Centurion
amp, and 238 tuner.  I'm on the 2nd floor in about the center of a wood
frame house.  No RF ground available.  I have each piece of equipment fitted
with a #10x30 stranded copper wire with a lug that is crimped AND soldered
on each end.  Each goes to the lug on the back of the 961 power supply.  The
supply picks up 3rd pin ground.  The amp is also fed direct from the house
breaker panel with a piece of 4-10 AWG copper. That gives me L1, L2,
Neutral, and Ground.

All lightning protection is done before the feed lines and rotor cable
enters the house at the point they leave the tower.

Again, glad you found the solution.

73
Bob, K4TAX