Re: [TenTec] Low power output on Argonaut V

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Low power output on Argonaut V
From: "Stuart Rohre" <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 20:10:10 -0500
Small signal diodes in things like SWR meters seem to go open circuit, as I
have replaced a number of those.  But, I seem to remember at least one that
did become a resistor, or a short.  Been too long to remember clearly.

But, it is probable that a short could happen, if a lead broke off and fell
on the other part of the die.

Shorts might show, if there is something of low enough impedance shunted
around the diode.  Component testing this way is always easier to follow if
you have schematic in hand, to guide you as to what you might find.

73,
Stuart
K5KVH