Re: [TenTec] re Oh?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] re Oh?
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@tx.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 23:50:49 -0500
> the Ten Tec reflector.  Beyond this, is a whole ham radio
> world of people
> with amps who have no need for QSK.   It may be important to
> you all, but
> the vast majority of hams running amps are running data, or
> working on
> phone.

Nothing worse than clanking relays running VOX on SSB without QSK.  And even
though much data traffic takes place at low power, I can't imagine how one
would run most modern data protocols without QSK if running an amp were
contemplated.  I'm a casual CW operator at best, and still wouldn't own an
amp that didn't have QSK.

Hard to understand why a simple price increase has engendered the level of
flames and bad juju.  It's just a price increase :-)

Grant/NQ5T