[TenTec] triton 540 reversed polarity

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] triton 540 reversed polarity
From: "Louis A. Ciotti Jr." <lciotti@twcny.rr.com>
Date: 07 Aug 2007 09:22:00 -0400
More information:

When the polarity was reversed this is what happened.  I powered on the
powersupply, the current meter on it spiked and then when to zero current.
This took les than a second, and I turned it on three or four time before I
realized the problem.

I have taken the covers off the radio and looked for obvious failures... i.e.
Burn marks, poped cases... Etc. And do no see any physical evidence of a
component failure.

I have contacted tentec via e-mail, and have not gotten any real direction from
Paul Clinton as of yet his initial responce asked the location of the positive
pin on my Triton.

Thanks again.

TenTec mailing list