Re: [TenTec] Triton IV

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Triton IV
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 12:18:38 -0600
On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 12:29 -0400, Donald Kemp wrote:
> Set the VFO to the low end near 0 and put the band switch in the 28
> MHz position. Turn the resonator counterclockwise as far as it will go
> then touch up the receiver with the VFO. This is for 10 MHz.
> For 15 MHz put the bandswitch in the 15 MHz position and turn the
> resonator counterclockwise. It will peak before it gets completely CCW.
> Then tune it in with the VFO.
>
> My 540 will not get 10 MHz right on frequency but does a good job on 15 MHz.

I can't find my Corsair manual right now, but I think the 28 MHz band
oscillator mixing crystal is shifted a bit to keep a tweet out of the
band and that shift would show twice as much on the image frequency
because crystal and PTO are shifted.

28-9 = 19 MHz injection. 19 - 5 = 14 MHz crystal. Shift that crystal
down a bit so you can listen on 28.000 MHz.

--
73, Jerry, K0CQ,