[TenTec] controlling more than one ten tec radio with one computer

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] controlling more than one ten tec radio with one computer
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 18:46:45 -0400

I have at last got a computer in the shack.. yea, I know... way to long

but that being said, there's only one serial port on this used
machine. (sister gave it to me. It's running windows ME..)

Now, is it possible to get a serial port to usb device for each and
every rig I have now, then plug the usb cables into a usb hub and
select the one that I want?

I would like to run the argonaut 5, the jupiter, and the RX320 all
from the same computer and not have to keep swapping out the single
serial port cable I have.

Can this be done or am I in deep do...

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
J e e p
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a
large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

TenTec mailing list