Re: [TenTec] Omni VII Problems

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII Problems
From: "Lee Armitage" <LEE@GJ.NET>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 22:22:04 -0600
Suggest checking the DC voltage as it enters the rig (on the plug) for low
voltage or voltage drop on XMIT.

Simple to check and simple to fix with larger wire. Should be almost no drop
of voltage at all.

The Omni VII and Orion I and II are computers in a box with knobs and
buttons on the front.

They both get very unhappy about low voltage or voltage drop as do all
CPU's.

Good luck and 73,
Lee N7FV