Re: [TenTec] corair p.s. with paragon?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] corair p.s. with paragon?
From: Ronald Hands <rhands@mountaincable.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 19:09:14 -0400
john ferro wrote:

> can i use a corsair 1 p.s. (260) to power a paragon II. the corsair has some
> control leads to shut the power supply, don't know if the paragon would shut
> the power suppy down or not - anyone have any experience with this. tia, john

  The "control leads" you mention are one side of the AC line (pins 2
and 3, white on the AMP connector) feeding the power supply.  They are
brought into the Corsair so that the power supply can be turned on and
off by an AC switch on the front panel (which is activated by pulling
one of the controls -- can't remember which one but it will be marked --
toward the operator.    I imagine the Paragon has the same arrangement,
but someone else will have to confirm.

  Pin 1 (black) is ground and pin 4 (red) is the 13.5 volt regulated
output.

  Both AC switches, the one in the Corsair and the one on the power
supply, are in series so both must be in the on position for the power
supply to operate.

  If by some chance the Paragon doesn't have the AC line switch
available on the front panel, you will have to solder a small jumper
between pins 2 and 3 on the AMP connector or on the corresponding pins
on the terminal strip inside the power supply.

  HTH

-- Ron
VE3SP