[TenTec] Spare MPSW01 or TN2219A

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Spare MPSW01 or TN2219A
From: Vicenç Llario <ea3adv@eic.ictnet.es>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 20:55:17 +0200
To the Ten Tec list members

Last weekend I was troubleshooting the TX side of my 1208 transverter
and found that the bias transistor Q14 was faulty. I tried to find a
replacement in the 2 main electronic components shops in my area but I
did not manage to find it. It seems that the original MPSW01 NPN
transistor is not so common and also it is out of production. I wonder
if perhaps some member of the list may have one of those transistors and
would be willing to part with it. I would obviously pay the component as
well as the shiping costs to Barcelona, Spain. While looking for an
alternative I found that the Fairchild TN2219A has exactly the same
features as the original used in the transverter. If nobody has a
replacement transistor in the junkbox I would appreciate advice on where
to get one.

Many thanks in advance for your kind help and best 72

Vicenç, EA3ADV