[TenTec] Orion I problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion I problem
From: Bill Ogden <wogden@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:17:55 -0400
My Orion I sometimes appears to not fully switch back into receive mode after I
transmit. This usually happens (when it happens) during one of the first
transmissions after turning the rig on.  The symptom is like an antenna relay
that did not switch back to receive. Transmission is OK at this time (at least
according to the SWR readout).  Sometimes it recovers by itself (after a minute
or two) and sometimes a power off/power on cycle is needed.

Is there an antenna relay?  (What with excellent QSK functionality, I assume
there is not s simple relay involved.)  Is this a common problem?

Bill - W2WO