[TenTec] high SWR & airpax breaker (ten tec response)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] high SWR & airpax breaker (ten tec response)
From: john ferro <foxbat426@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:05:52 -0400
Greetings,

I called ten tec this morning and the tech. there told me that an SWR as high
as 10:1 for a few minutes (minutes!) would cause no problems for a paragon II.
My 6:1 SWR "error" for a second or two is really no concern - when i asked
about getting the airpac breaker he told me you could get it, but it really
wasn't necessary as the paragon II has overvoltage, overcurrent protection and
is fused and has a very robust output. he told me to continue to use my non
tentec power supply and never flinched! Don't do this with a Japanese box!
Thanks everyone for your great feedback and discussion.