Re: [TenTec] 1208 Transverter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 1208 Transverter
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 12:25:07 -0600
On Sat, 2007-10-06 at 10:34 -0400, philip c anderson wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I have read the specs on the 1208 and it seems as though it requires 250 mw
> of drive even after a mod to the input. I understand that my OII will only
> supply 3.5 to 35 mw via the xverter jack.
> Am I reading the correct info? Why did TT not provide enough drive from the
> OII to be compatible with their own product?
> Also, what is the part number for the mic that Heil supplied to TT?
>
> Have a good week end.
>
> Phil (ANDY)  W3LI

I shorted the IF transmit attenuator in my 1210 (2m IF to 6m) and drove
it for testing just fine with an HP 608F signal generator that does just
+5 dBm. The double balanced mixer often needs just -10 to -5 dBm at the
mixer to stay linear with +7 dBm LO drive. So you may have to take out
more attenuation.

73, Jerry, K0CQ