Re: [TenTec] Audio quality issue in Heil headset with Omni V

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Audio quality issue in Heil headset with Omni V
From: Rick Denney <rwd@iteris.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:20:18 -0400
Barry N1EU writes...

> Rick does the headphone audio sound bad on just the monitored tx audio
> or also on all received audio?  Could it be a lousy monitor circuit on
> the Omni V?

Thanks for the replies so far.

The questions led me to observe more carefully. The problem only
occurs on the monitor, not on signals being received over the air.
That opens the door to an impedance mismatch on the microphone or the
phantom power issue. Or, as you suggest, a problem in the monitor
circuit. I'll check these out.

Rick, KR9D

---
Richard W. Denney, Jr. PE|Iteris, Inc.
Associate Vice President |107 Carpenter Dr. Ste 230 |    703.925.3819
rwd@iteris.com           |Sterling, VA 20164        |Fax 703.471.1757