Re: [TenTec] Purpose of 250 Hz 8 pole filters

To: <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Purpose of 250 Hz 8 pole filters
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:01:42 -0400
It's sort of the perfect example of "your mileage may vary.  I like the
narrowest filter.  Even moreso, I use an outboard DSP filter that also has
bandpass capability and I like to crank that down also.  Of course, the IF
filters being far upstream are essential for many reasons.

Additionally, when doing PSK or RTTY I like to crank the DSP filter down
(not so narrow of course for these modes, especially RTTY).  It seems to
help a lot with decoding and also separating extremely close signals.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ