Re: [TenTec] Triton IV deaf on 10m

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Triton IV deaf on 10m
From: "Louis Ciotti" <lciotti@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:54:24 -0400
I have not had a chace to pick up of contact cleaner, but I really figured
TenTec would have gone through the rig and do that sort of basic
troubleshooting... but I will go ahead and clean them.  Hopefully tomorrow I
will get a chance to pick up the cleaner.  I will let you know if that
works.

AS far as 10m being deaf, I am 99% certain the crystals are installed.  I
rember seeing them installed when I had the bottom of the rig apart.  Also
have heard a very faint transmission last week around 28.450, but it was
almost in the noise.  Maybe it's just a bad antenna for the band....