[TenTec] Omni VI and non TT Amp

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI and non TT Amp
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 21:23:20 -0500
Remember that the ALC is active in the exciter.  If the amp is tuned and
loaded correctly with proper drive level from the exciter then the ALC in
the exciter handles the level control chores.  Thus ALC in the amp is not
necessary.

Now, if one should take a 200 watt exciter, albeit common today,  and drive
the amp designed to be driven to rated power with 100 watts, yes splatter
and etc will abound.  Hams are supposed to understand that fact, but do
they?  I see more that don't than do.

73
Bob, K4TAX